Closer2event SL believes that privacy is very important. Therefore, we set the goal of protecting the personal data of our web visitors («interested persons») at all times against unauthorized use and process this information in accordance with the corresponding privacy laws. With this privacy statement, we would like to inform you how we do it and why we comply with our legal obligations regarding the processing of your information, the Cookies Law and the Telecommunications Law. The goal is to be transparent and help you to have total confidence in the integrity of your browsing experience.
What kind of information do we collect?
We collect and use information you provide us. For the common use of our accommodation widget, Closer2event does not collect personal data, that is, when clicking on any of the labels that give you access to the third party accommodation offer, it does not imply any collection of personal data, except the incoming IP addresses for the only purpose to facilitate statistic information to our partners. We will never use, treat or give access to such information to any other third party other than our corresponding partner who signed a contract with Closer2event SL.&nbsp;On the other hand, and in regards to the web visitors who visited our corporate website (www.closer2event.com), at most, we provide you with email addresses on the web in case those visitors want to contact us just with the intention of being informed, by email of newsletters or others means related to questions about the accommodation widget that we offer to third parties. In which case you will be asked (at most) your name and / or email.
Information about third parties
Automatic collection of other information
We collect certain information from your computer or device automatically every time you visit our websites or through our accommodation widget. This information includes your IP address, the date and time of access to our services, the hardware, software or web browser you use and information about your computer's operating system, as well as the regional settings (locale \ language). We also collect information about clicks and the pages shown to you. When you make a reservation, our system records through which medium and from which website you have made the reservation.
Regarding the users of mobile devices, we also collect data that identifies your mobile device, specific configuration of the device and its characteristics, as well as the performance of the application and other system activities.
Information from other sources
Likewise, we may receive information about you of a personal nature, such as full name, email address and consumption generated from other sources, such as business partners, including affiliated partners, and independent third parties. Any data we obtain from them may be combined with the information you provide.
Hotels and designated third parties may also share information about you with us. That can only happen if you have questions about a pending reservation or if a dispute arises regarding your reservation.
If you book with a hotel directly that works with the booking engine of a third company with which we can have direct agreements, we will not collect your payment information, or your credit card number, cardholder's name, expiration date, or the verification code, just the billing address in the case that you give them to us to generate an invoice, or the amounts consumed, this will only be possible in the case that we have any connection with the sale of accommodation or other concepts related to your trip. In that case, we will store the information on secure servers securely and transfer that information to the travel reservation provider to complete the transaction. Keep in mind that it is the provider who processes your payments, not us. You agree to review and be bound by the provider's policies and procedures before making a reservation through this website.
Location information and other device information
We may collect information about your location if you have instructed your device to send such information to the application in its privacy settings. When you use an application on a device we will collect and use information about you, such as location, in a similar way and for similar purposes to those that apply to the use of this website.
You can change the privacy settings of your device to disable the function of sharing information about your location. Keep in mind that doing so may affect some features of our application. How do we use your information?
General purposes and legal basis
We use the information collected about you for the following general purposes:
- For the registration and management of your account;
- To communicate with you in general, which includes sending you information about us;
- In order to offer you the reservation of hotels;
- To answer your questions and comments;
- To quantify the interest in our products, services and this website, and to improve them;
- To receive direct marketing or notify you of special offers and products or services available, whether ours or third parties, that may interest you, according to your marketing preferences;
- To personalize your experience with us, including the personalization of the ads shown on other websites;
- To request information through, for example, surveys;
- To resolve disputes or problems;
- To prevent possible illegal or prohibited activities;
- In any other way that has been described to you at the information collection point.
To use your personal data as described above we rely on the following legal basIs
- Contract fulfillment: using your information may be necessary to fulfill the contract we have entered into with you. For example, if you use our services to make a reservation online, we will use your information to carry out our obligations to complete and manage the reservation.
- Legitimate interests: we may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the most appropriate content for you from our website, emails and electronic newsletters; to improve and promote our products and services, as well as the content of our website; and for administrative, legal and fraud detection purposes, such as disputes between business partners.
Share your data with third parties
We may share your information with the following entities:
- External providers that offer services or functions on our behalf such as business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, survey distribution and fraud prevention. We can also authorize external suppliers to collect information on our behalf, such as when necessary for the operation of tools on our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertisements adapted to your interests. External suppliers will have access to and may collect information only to carry out their functions.
- Business partners with whom we can offer products or services jointly. You will know that a product or service that you have requested involves a third party if its name appears, either next to ours, or separately. If you decide to access these optional services, we may share your information (including personal information) with these partners. Keep in mind that we have no control over the privacy practices of such business partners and they can address you directly with direct marketing activities. If this happens, please inform us by email in email@example.com, in order to proceed and help you to delete your information with such partner.
- Affiliated websites: if you arrive at this website from another page we can share your registration information, such as your name or email address with the page that refers you to ours. We have not set limits to these pages when using your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of the web pages that refer you to this website.
- To comply with subpoenas under warning, court orders or other legitimate and enforceable judicial processes; to prove or exercise our legal rights; to defend ourselves in lawsuits; or otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise any objection or waive any available legal right;
- In relation to a corporate transaction such as dispossession, acquisition, consolidation, with the sale of an asset or with the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- In addition to the above, you will receive notifications when your personal information is shared with third parties and you will have the opportunity to choose not to share such information.
Protection of your information
How long we retain the information
We may retain certain information, such as IP origin address related to the visit at our website domains and subdomains,&nbsp; but only for purposes such as statistic analysis that may interest our partners, as well as to ensure the integrity of our records. The information retention periods depend on the purpose for which we have collected it and how we use it.
We will not retain your personal information if at any time we have collected it for longer than is necessary for our commercial or statistical purposes or to comply with legal requirements. We may retain information partially for a period of time after the termination of your contract with us or after requesting the elimination of the information, if necessary to fulfill our legal obligations or to make use of, defend or establish legal rights.
How can you control the information you provide us
Your rights and options regarding the collection and use of your information: You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be necessary to make use of certain elements shown on this website.
You have the right to ask us what personal information about you we have and you can do so by contacting&nbsp; firstname.lastname@example.org.
We agree to update your personal information so that it is relevant to the established, correct and complete purposes. You can review, add or update the information you have provided by visiting your profile page on our website. This function is only available for users who have created an account.
You can request to delete your information by email@example.com.
We will send you an email confirming your request and its processing.
Information of minors
Children under 18 cannot use these services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors and we will remove any information that we have knowledge that we have collected or received without being provided by, or without the express consent, of the father, mother or legal guardian of the minor.
We confirm that all payment information is always stored by our inventory providers and is stored in a technological environment that complies with externally audited PCI-DSS and that we do not disclose to third parties, except for the hosting provider with whom you have a contract.
How to contact us
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the review or deletion of data. If your problem is complex, our data protection officer is committed to managing any questions you have about the treatment, use, disclosure or management of your personal information. You can contact our data protection officer by email or post using the data below.
By email: email@example.com
By postal mail:
at Closer2event SL
C/. Doctor Trueta 183, 9-4
We will endeavor to investigate your issues, resolve any problem resulting from breach by us of our privacy obligations and notify you of the result as soon as possible.
In this policy, «we» and «our» refer to web pages or applications (including mobile) that are owned or managed by Closer2event SL (VAT number: B67203505), a company incorporated in Spain and act as agent, principal or under authority on behalf of another party, as the case may be. Any legal incident, if any, must be resolved in the courts of Barcelona. Spain.
Date of the last update of this policy: August 10, 2019